Lee Co. Electric Co-Op (LCEC) knows how important reliable electric service is to our customers, especially those using life-support devices. We make every effort to prevent outages, but sometimes outages do occur. Here are tips for residents on life support:
n Have an alternate plan in place to ensure the continuity of any life-support needs. This may include making special arrangements to spend time with a friend or relative during an outage or using a back-up generator.
* Customers who use a back-up generator are responsible for safe installation, which disconnects the generator from LCEC facilities. If not installed correctly, generators present a safety risk to the public and LCEC line crews.
* Keep phone numbers of emergency response agencies, such as the hospital, fire department and police, in a convenient location, in the event emergency assistance is needed.
* Ensure that you have a back-up telephone if you use a cordless or telephone that is dependent on electricity.
* Have a battery-powered radio on hand to stay aware of news and other information.
* Keep a flashlight and extra batteries handy.
NOTE: Be sure to utilize the medications chart to the left to log all of your current prescriptions, in case of emergency.