To the editor:
No crystal ball, no extra sensory perception, just plain old common sense.
Gov. Romney will win the presidency in a land-slide! Remembering history, 32 years ago, at this moment in time Ronald Reagan was losing by 9 points to incumbent Jimmy Carter. Today, Gov. Romney is in a virtual tie with President Obama - and that does not bode well for this President's failed programs. An examination of all the voting blocs tells us the following:
1. With black voters, from four years ago, Obama has no where to go but down among this group. His endorsement of gay marriage has alienated many black, church- going Christians and these African-Americans will not turn their backs on God.
2. Hispanic voters. Rubio, along with other respected Hispanic leaders will actively campaign for Gov. Romney and will pick up 15 percent to 20 percent of this voting-bloc from 2008. Rubio will also help to lock down Florida.
3. Jewish voters. These important voters realize that Obama has been less than weak in his support of Israel. Many Jewish voters and supporters are angry and disappointed and will not be fooled by the Obama "lip service" machine.
4. Youth voters. Obama's largest and most enthusiastic believers from four years ago have graduated into a job market from hell.
These young people are unemployed, disillusioned, frightened, and broke - a very bad combination! The enthusiasm is long gone, the trust has vanished, and the turnout will be much lower.
5. Catholic voters. Obama won a majority of Catholics in 2008. That won't happen again. Out of desperation, to please women, Obama went to war with the Catholic Church over contraception and he has endorsed the continuation of indiscriminately killing babies in the womb. The Obama administration is now being sued by the Church - and again, not good news for Mr. Obama.
6. Small business owners. Obama has pursued a war on capitalism and has continually demonized everyone who believes in the American dream. Small business owners cannot afford to support a president who promotes their demise.
7. Suburban moms. These women are extremely bright and will not be fooled by disingenuous nonsense. They know full well that the issue isn't contraception, it's having a job to pay for contraception, and food, and gas, and an American type life-style promised by Obama in 2008, and never delivered on. Obama's socialism frightens these moms and they fear for their children's future.
8. The military. John McCain won this group by 10 points, Gov. Romney is winning by 24 points. The more our military vets get to see of Obama, the more they dislike him.
And finally, 9. The vice presidency. The current vice president, a heart beat away from the Oval Office, is known as the clown prince of Washington. He's laughed at at home and around the world and has over and over again disgraced America.
On the other hand Paul Ryan is the perfect partner for Mitt Romney. Mr. Ryan understands economics, he appreciates the urgency to fix the job market, the housing disaster, the debt calamity, and every major problem facing a discouraged nation. He's bright, articulate, and has the energy and determination to save America.
If we add all these up we find that there isn't a single major group that will wake up on election day and say "I didn't vote for Obama four years ago but he's done such a good job, I can't wait to vote for him today."
I'm convinced that 2012 is Reagan-Carter all over again. Tied in July and August, we'll have a Romney-Ryan land-slide when the chips are down in November. America will enjoy a re-birth at inauguration time and January will signal the launching of this nation's return to greatness! God Bless America.