Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Four Florida restaurant patrons burned by dessert

June 13, 2011
Cape Coral Daily Breeze

PALM HARBOR (AP) - A rum-and-banana concoction burned four Tampa area restaurant patrons when flaming liquor from the dish spilled on them.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that a 25-year-old woman suffered first- and second-degree burns when her dress caught fire at Ozona Blue Grilling Co. in Palm Harbor on Saturday night. She was hospitalized with severe injuries. A second woman, 56, suffered less serious burns and was later released from a hospital. Two men, a 25-year-old and a 58-year-old, were burned on the knees. The newspaper said the men refused treatment.

The dish, bananas Foster, was being prepared tableside by a server, who poured 151-proof rum over the dish and lit it. Somehow, the flaming liquor spilled onto the customers.

The restaurant owner described the episode as an unfortunate accident.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web