Fourteen Fort Myers/Cape Coral area post offices will offer a free pink inspirational bracelet to customers purchasing two sheets of Breast Cancer Awareness postage stamps during the month of October.
Naples Postmaster Richard Barber has challenged Fort Myers/Cape Coral Postmaster Anne Murray to see who can be responsible for the most pink bracelet sightings in their communities. Please visit one of these locations to support our community and make a donation to Breast Cancer Research by purchasing postage stamps, a regular expenditure for any household:
- Page Field Post Office, 2655 N. Airport Road, Fort Myers
- Downtown Post Office, 1350 Monroe St., Fort Myers
- Miracle Mile Post Office, 3954 Broadway St., Fort Myers
- Tice Post Office, 4585 Palm Beach Blvd., Fort Myers
- North Ft Myers Post Office, 1882 N. Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers
- Cape Coral Central Post Office, 1030 S.E. 9th Ave., Cape Coral
- Cape Coral South Post Office, 4722 S.E. 17th Ave,. Cape Coral
- Alico Self Storage Contract Postal Unit, 7600 Alico Road, Fort Myers
- Get Your Paint On Contract Postal Unit, 3398 Forum Blvd., Fort Myers
- Kay's Hallmark Contract Postal Unit, 11600 Gladiolus Drove, Fort Myers
- Matlacha Community Post Office, 4547 Pine Island Road, N.W., Matlacha
- Sip N Send Contract Postal Unit, 2517 Santa Barbara Blvd., Cape Coral
- Sun Harvest Citrus Contract Postal Unit, 14810 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers
- Turner, Calvert & Sadler Coin Store Contract Postal Unit, 8695 College Parkway, Fort Myers
- Two For a Dollar Cards Contract Postal Unit, 13971 N. Cleveland Ave., North Fort Myers
Postmasters in Bonita Springs, Estero, Marco Island, Pineland and Sanibel will also participate in the promotion and are hoping to see pink bracelets everywhere in their communities which will indicate even more funds raised for breast cancer research during the month of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
To date the U.S. Postal Service has contributed $70.7 million in voluntary contributions for breast cancer research through sales of the Breast Cancer Awareness postage stamps. The special stamps, called "semi-postal" stamps sell for $.55 each with $.11 from each stamp going to breast cancer research. The stamps are valid for First-Class postage.
Residents residing on rural mail delivery routes will be able to purchase the stamps from their carrier and the stamps are also available by mail.
To order by mail, send a check payable to Postmaster for a minimum two sheet purchase of $22 to: Customer Relations, 79 Mid Cape Terace, Cape Coral, Fl 33991. Your stamps and bracelet will be mailed to you.