Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Magic overhaul unlikely

June 1, 2010
Cape Coral Daily Breeze

ORLANDO (AP) - Magic general manager Otis Smith wants to be clear: He's not looking to overhaul the roster again.

Unless he does.

Smith said Monday he doesn't expect any major moves this offseason, even after failing to return to the NBA finals. He believes Orlando already has the roster to win its first championship.

Of course, that's what he said last year.

Then Smith made the bold move to part ways with Hedo Turkoglu - and starters Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston - and acquire Vince Carter from New Jersey.

That decision may not have cost the Magic a title this season, but it wasn't enough to win one.

Now the Magic have to find a way to improve even though they're already over the luxury tax and hampered by big contracts.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web